Monday, May 26, 2008

The Times They Are A Changin'

Song in my heart and bandages on my knees
Woo hoo!
The faces of Bayon
Ready, set, look like a dufus
My favorite tree
Crazyyyy
Its gotta a tree growing out of the roof!
Cheese
Gotta love the matching hats of those kooky Japanese tourists
Ooga Chacka
Nice outfits
Ooooo weird
I fit right in?
Entering Bayon
More temples
Flicking off the temples? Wait a minute...
Buy a Buddha?
And more temples
And yet still more temples
Grass and temples
Doorways..and temples
Angkor Wat

Buddhas getting fancy

Squishy bellybuttons



Ice cream!!!
Mmmm pineapple
Khoa San Swimming pool


So I am starting to sound like a broken record- I am back in Bangkok...again...for the fourth time this trip. But thankfully (?) the last. Today I am leavingggg on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Tonight I will be sleeping by myself on a hard plastic chair in the glamorous Doha, Qatar airport and then will arrive tomorrow evening in Athens.

My last week and a half or so in Asia has been great, exciting and kind of strange to think that I'll be leaving soon. It really hasn't hit me yet. (No more squat toilets?!) This morning I said goodbye to John who is off to Nepal and am now on my own again for the next few days until I meet up with the rents in Greece for a whirlwind all expenses paid Greek Islands holiday (no cockroaches, hot showers, and hummus here I come!)

Visited Angkor Wat in Cambodia- truly stunning.
Traveled on a horribly bumpy, banged up road 12 hours back to Thailand on a road that literally looked like it was just the victim of a series of bomb attacks.
Got my teeth fixed and finished at the Dentist office.
Went swimming down Khoa San Rd...oh the monsoon.
Sang cheesy English songs at the bar at the top of my lungs until my voice went hoarse.
Ate 37 spring rolls.
Got my left ear problems cured by a voodoo healer on the side of the road. (Thank you Mr. Fix it!)
Somehow managed to buy more things I don't need and still make my backpack under 20 kgs.
Rocked out in Bangkok one last time...well for a while anyways.

More exciting adventures to come.

No comments: