Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oz

Pretty Beachs :)
Yummmm!
Cheese
Atomic wedgie! Amazing!
Beer Pong Ozzie style

Cheers boys
I'm glad I am on the other side of the glass
Tra lalala
It's melting fast...
The View
Harbord Boys
Proof I was in Oz!
The Sydney Harbor
Ooooopera House
Jellyfish!
Shark attack







G'day from Manly!
Just got back from the beach all day, (sand is actually falling into the keyboard as I speak!) enjoying the beautiful Australian summer weather :) I arrived here on the 18th from an early morning flight from New Zealand and have been soaking up the sunshine! New Zealand was beautiful but unfortunately cloudy EVERYDAY- and given my sunshine addiction, I needed a fix.
We spent the last days in New Zealand in the north part of the north island in Hamilton and Auckland. It was a fantastic Michigania reunion. We met up with Timmy and Josh at their new place and watched the Rugby game at the pub and played Euchre until Robyn and Pul showed up and proceeded to have a massive Sig-o-watts tournament extravaganza. (if you don't, don't ask) Hahaha it was brilliant! The troops were a bit out of season- Pul's "porch decoration" and Timmy's hardcore couch passout, but it was still a rocking good time :)
When we arrived into Sydney, it was quite cloudy and even rained a bit on the ferry to Manly, but after getting settled and unloading our bags, the sky opened up and it has been gorgeous ever since. I have been a mighty happy camper :) Our Michigania reunion has been extended across the sea to Australia and we are currently crashing on the couch at Max, Dan, Jake, and Mike Jones's pad (with the wicked view I might add). Manly and Harbord (Sydney suburbs) are very chill, and the beaches are gorgeous. There are lots of young people around and lots of travelers who are here on extended holiday, so the place has got a really good vibe. I tried to go to the US embassy yesterday to get more pages added to my passport because I only have two blank ones left, and if you don't have free pages and you get to the border you can get denied access and kicked out of the country...well no luck. The stupid embassy said I needed an appointment, but I couldn't get an appointment date til I am already gone, blah blah blah, long story short I am screwed. But I did finagle my way to get an appointment tomorrow, after begging and pleading and making a bunch of phone calls so hopefully everything will work itself out. (P.S. I have a deep hatred for embassies...always problems..always! grrrrr)
Even though the embassy was a bust, we did go to the Sydney Aquarium which was sweet! I love aquariums! We saw jellyfish, pet some anenomes, and caused trouble...only to the seals (not really, i love the seals).The best part was right before the exit they have a giant open viewing tank with sharks and sting rays and all sorts of funky fish, and it has dream/movie music in the background. We all just sat mesmerized for a good half an hour.
The plan for the rest of the week is a mixture of beaches and fiestas up until we head up to the Gold Coast on Monday. The boys are throwing a giant housewarming party tomorrow to celebrate the opening of "the cockpit"/ "sausage bunk" /..the name is a work in progress. So overall, life is pretty groovy on this side of the world. I hope all is well with everyone back home.

A HUGE thanks to: Fizz, Emma, Josh, Timmy, Max, Dan, Mike, and Jake for letting us crash at their house and eat all of their food (haha just kidding about the food...no really, check your cupboards...no seriously kidding) you all have been amazing hosts!

Saudades Renan (3 months!)

No comments: