My Office
So while you may not get the impression from reading my blog, but I actually came to Morocco for an internship and not for the copious amounts of music festivals (although it is an awesome perk!). While my office may not have any artwork on the walls, its has AC and fast internet so I think it is pretty awesome. The main project I have been working on all summer is has been a new public-private agribusiness initiative to get the private sector involved with our agriculture activities to promote long-term sustainability after our compact ends in 2013.
After one of the sites on the Fez Medina revitalization project was removed , $21 million dollars became available to start what has been named the "Catalyst Fund". This fund acts a an investment incentive to get companies to buy-in to our olive oil and date initiatives. So my job has been to help design this fund, get potential investors interested, and sell the idea to our investment committee who controls APP's funds. It has been pretty interesting..I do a lot of research, write a lot of memos, and go to a lot of meetings..and I can tell you more about olive oil in Moroccan that you would ever care to know
No comments:
Post a Comment